How is a ritual done?
Rituals vary greatly, but the basis of a simple ritual follows a formula like this:
- Purification (Glanosagion), cleaning the self before a ritual.
- Marking out of sacred space.
- The lighting of candles or fire.
- An invocation of the recipient.
- An offering to the recipient.
- Closing of the ritual.
- Disposal of the offering.
Rituals can be far more complex, involving offering to the fire, a deity to bear the offering to the recipient, and often repetitive. Meditations and prayers are other ways to connect with deities and spirits.
You can find out different things to offer the Deuoi at The Carnutian Nemeton