How is a ritual done?
Rituals vary greatly, but the basis of a simple ritual follows a formula like this:
- Purification (Glanosagion), cleaning the self before a ritual.
- Marking out of sacred space.
- The lighting of candles or fire.
- An invocation of the recipient.
- An offering to the recipient.
- Closing of the ritual.
- Disposal of the offering.
Rituals can be far more complex, involving offering to the fire, a deity to bear the offering to the recipient, and often repetitive. Meditations and prayers are other ways to connect with deities and spirits.